Stoichiometry Challenge Problem #2Compound X isÂ the binary compound vanadiumÂ (V) bromide.Â Compound X reacts with ammonium sulfate according to the reaction:
X + (NH4)2SO4 â†’ NH4Br + V2(SO4)5
- What is the formula for compound X?
- What is the balanced equation?
- If 270 g of compound X reacts with 0.83 L of a 3.0M solution of (NH4)2SO4, which reactant is limiting?
- How many moles of V2(SO4)5 would be made?
- How many moles of NH4Br would be made?
- How many moles of the non-limiting reactant would be left over?
- The above reaction is performed and the percent yield of V2(SO4)5 is found to be 72%. How many grams of V2(SO4)5 were actually recovered?
- How many moles of V2(SO4)5 were actually recovered?
- How many moles of (NH4)2SO4 and how many moles of compound X actually reacted?
Last modified: Sunday, 3 June 2012, 1:19 AM