Electronic Quiz Board
Make a circuit with questions and answers so that when the leads (wires) are connected to a question and its correct answer, an LED lights up.
- 9 V battery
- battery connector
- 470 Î© resistor
- red or green LED (forward voltage 2.2 V; maximum current 20 mA)
- paper fasteners
This is an inquiry-based experiment. You will need to figure out how to wire your circuit.
Things you need to keep in mind:
- The longer terminal of the LED is positive.
- The red wire on the battery connector is positive.
- Make sure the resistor is in your circuit before hooking up your LED so you don't burn it out.
- The paper fasteners have some sort of coating which makes them not conduct electricity very well. You may have to scrape the coating off the surface.